Not All Molds Are Created Equal

Difference Between Toxic Mold and Non-Toxic Mold

There are various types of mold. You can find nontoxic types and toxic. If you discover mold in your house, it’s important that you figure out which sort it really is. It’s not unusual for mold to cause people and pets to become sick, so locating the mold and determining if it’s toxic is really a very important task. Here is a set of the distinctions and the features of toxic and non-toxic molds.

not all molds are created equal

Defining Toxic Mold

  • This sort of mold is normally the one to result in health issues. Irritation of the lungs, eyes, and nose can cause discomfort due to an allergy to mold. (There can be an allergy to mold whether it’s toxic or non-toxic.)
  • Toxic mold produces mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are toxic substances made by a fungus.
  • Many people have been suffering from long-term toxic mold syndrome. Deaths have occurred due to prolonged exposure to mold. 
  • Toxic mold is normally most life threatening to small children because their immune systems aren’t as strong and can’t battle off the infections that mold can cause.
  • The mold will usually have a shiny coating.
  • It will usually only grow in the carpet, inside wooden, and in drywall (papers materials).
  • Toxic mold will usually have significantly more of a unique smell.
  • Toxigenic molds are less common to come by.
  • The mold itself isn’t really toxic; it is the toxins which the mold produces which is toxic to human beings and pets.
  • The inhalation of the toxins is dangerous and is what causes inflammation of the throat, redness of the eyes, and difficulty breathing.
  • There’s a little percentage of mold that is truly poisonous to the people and pets. 

Defining Non-Toxic Mold

Defining Non-Toxic Mold

  • This can still make people sick. Many people are allergic to mold which will give them flu-like symptoms. People with asthma will often have a harder time being able to breathe.
  • If the mold is not toxic, it really is very common for this to become allergenic

In Conclusion

All molds could be harmful to people. Not one specific type of mold will make its presence unknown. They all can attack human beings’ and dogs and cats’ physiques and make them sick. All molds are capable to cause rashes, headaches, trouble breathing, dizziness, and have the potential to cause hay fever. Both types can even result in people with weakened immune systems to have severe lung infections.

You should determine which kind of mold you have in your house. There are plenty of different mold testing kits that you can use to determine when the mold is poisonous or not really. But be aware that sometimes the testing aren’t always precise. This is because the number of mold spores in the surroundings fluctuate over time, making the check not as precise as you’ll want it to become. If the check says the mold is toxic, remember that when they state “toxic mold” it is not the mold itself that’s poisonous.

In addition to all of the largest cities in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, we also service over 50 additional cities, towns, and communities. If you don’t see your city listed on our Service Area page, please give us a call at (469) 806-0700 because if we can’t get to you, we can put you in touch with one of our trusted service providers in your area.

Highland Park Mold Removal, University Park Mold Removal, Mold Removal Cole, Highland Mold Removal, Duncanville Mold Removal, Farmers Branch Mold Removal, Mold Removal Balch Springs, Mold Removal Grand Prairie, Mold Removal Buckingham, Mesquite Mold Removal

Schedule Your Mold Removal Today and we will get someone out immediately, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week!